Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dental Work on a Whale



I looked the part. It sounded just like a major cavity was being bored out. Heck, it even smelled damp. But I was not doing dental work on a whale! With my head and arms totally inside the boat, the noise and dust from my dremel reverberating around me, it really felt like I was.

I was actually grinding out chunks of foam and old contact cement so I could install carbon hip blocks in my new boat.

The Lizard had been good to me so far. The outfitting installed by its first owner did not need much modification. I raised the pedestal up to 3.5 inches. While still very low for me, having my center of gravity so close to the center of buoyancy really changes how the boat responds to me. It will be an ongoing experiment, I am sure. One thing is certain, this boat is a far better fit for me than the galasport I was in.

More pictures of the Lizard:
the installed mad dog hip blocks
new boat on top of my car
in my one bedroom apartment, boat storage is also part of the decor

No comments: