Saturday, September 8, 2007

and the skies open up...



I haven't stared at a gauge this much since last winter, and this time my staring actually seems to be working. It's been bottomed out all summer -- our one local whitewater gem is rain fed and shrinks to a trickle during the dry summer months. But with more ran in the forecast, the Saint may actually hit boatable levels this weekend! Which is killing me. I work all day, every single day, until I leave town on Wednesday night. I want nothing more than to get back on the Saint right now. With all our new hires and training needs this fall, my job is not flexible. Frustrating.

Click here for a live gauge of the Saint's level. Boatable aka "zero inches" is usually around 3 feet on this gauge. Click here for precip tables.

Now you know what I stare at all day.

Of course the Wolf, where I will be next weekend, is staying low. Its gauge is online here. The upper midwest has been getting buckets of rain this month, but it hasn't quite been far north enough to hit the Wolf.


No comments: