Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ouch



Looks like I may be out of my boat for a week or so until I can bend my knee again. My mountain bike threw me off, and joint met rock with my whole body weight flying behind it. I am grateful my wrists and shoulders weren't involved. My body heals fast, I just need to give it the time and rest to let it do its thing.

I have a lot of momentum in my training right now. At this point, the 5 month off-season feels like a big window of possibility. I am sure I will be singing a slightly different tune when it is below freezing and my gear is still wet from the night before. Then I will rely on my commitment to my sport, whether or not I am feeling motivated. But right now I am really feeling motivation -- a strong, irresistible drive to get in my boat and feel powerful.

Slalom Worlds wrapped up this weekend in Brazil: http://cbca.org.br/foz2007/english/index.php

I had a fun week following paddlers' blogs and live results online throughout the semifinals and finals. This is a difficult sport to follow in the US -- but live results and finally knowing more about individual athletes has captivated my interest.

I never posted this picture, and I love it. On the way to a workout a few weeks ago, I stopped to fill up with gas. There was a dinosaur. So I put my camera on autotimer and set it on my trunk, and chased the big green lizard down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!!!
I love reading your comments on your blog....it helps me remember I'm not the only one who feels so passionate about C1-ing-or so frustrated with it! I also wanted to tell you how AMAZING I thought your dinosaur picture was! I hope to hear more from you!
Hugs,
Hailey