Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Glacier Breaker Video


Video of my most recent race is now posted on my video page.

On this run, I miss several gates and flip over a few times! Fun! Video review is a good tool for me because it shows me what I actually look like on the water. I don't like watching it; I get frustrated because I feel more technically competent than I actually look. But it shows me my obvious weak points. It also shows me where I have improved. Even though I end up upside down on this run, my rolls are fast. There are subtle moments of boat control that I was not able to do last fall -- holding ferry angles with my knees as I rotate, etc.

The US Open is on this same river in just over a week! I have been training hard, and hopefully I will be posting a video with no missed gates and no flipping upside down.

No comments: