Monday, August 6, 2007

Operation Hydration



Keeping a food long can be a little intimadating. I just finished two weeks of writing down every single thing I put in my mouth. I am not an unhealthy eater, but little things add up -- especially when certian coworkers like to feed you junk food on an hourly basis. Stressed? Eat chocolate. Trying to solve a problem? Have some cheez-its. Had a good day? Let's eat ice cream. It's 11am? Where are the cookies? I think our bike shop runs on suger and salt.

What I eat is actually all pretty healthy stuff, but there were holes I wouldn't have discovered without writing all this down. Even if I get enough water every day, for example, I tend to get dehydrated and then drink tons of water to catch up. To get me in the habit of hydrating more regularly, I wore my Camelback at work for a week. It made a huge difference. Easier to fall asleep at night, even. The footwear staff now calls me "water girl" but as far as nicknames go, I'm sure they could have come up with much worse. After all, water has a rather central role in my life.



We also learned I am not getting enough protien. Need lots of cheap protien? COSTO has 6lb bags. Hopefully all of this will help w/ muscle recovery as I ramp up the intensity of my training.

No comments: