Thursday, August 16, 2007

Still Tripping to the Pigeon



It should be a good weekend. Finally, a chance to get on some whitewater after 6 weeks of Missouri flatwater! Pigeon & Ocoee. In my kayak. I'll miss my C1, and it will be strange to be in a short boat again. But I can't wait to fire it up.

My tent needed some serious repair -- one aluminum pole had bent and the segments had frozen together. I was simply going to try and separate the pieces. But when you work at REI & have a gear problem, you better be ready for some creative solutions. Before I knew what was happening, Jake had my tent poles completely disassembled. We got out the pliers, vice, and PG2000. With in 10 minutes, my busted pole was replaced with a shiny new red segment. Excellent. Time to go sleep in a tent.

I also get my new paddle this weekend! Trip report to come on Tuesday.

1 comment:

JMCook said...

Why oh why must i wait til tuesday?!