Friday, August 3, 2007

Slalom Nationals are Today!



Today, the country's best slalom athletes are all in Maryland. I am in Missouri. I am sitting at my desk at work, not even out in the sun, in my boat. It's driving me crazy.

Their webcam resolution is not very good, but I can still make out C1s and C2s warming up at the course. The racing begins today at 3pm EST.

The ASCI course is new this summer, the latest artifical course to be built in the US since the course in Charlotte opened just in time for Nationals last year. There are other possible courses on the table for many cities -- and the success, struggles, and management choices of these newer courses are being watched carefully by athletes and developers alike.

Some photos of course:
The four adjustable features
Racers practice on the course

Next year, I will be there.

No comments: