Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's long and it ain't pretty.... but it's glass!



Until I can get in my very own short slalom boat, I have been loaned a glass C1. It's held together by patches and is missing the tip of its stern, and I love it! I am so excited to hit the water with this! Finally, a boat that can at least do the sort of maneuvering I want to do. Apparently it is also "really heavy" - but after hauling around the barge that is the cascade, this boat seems LIGHT. Wow. It should also be a good lesson in how to patch, paint, and outfit a slalom boat, because this tank needs all three.

Everyone that loans gear to newbies deserves a huge pat on the back. I never could have gotten started in this sport without several different people supplying me with gear as I learned the ropes. Thank you all so very much. I've been lending out my gear and boats whenever I can, and I plan to keep it up. Passing on the good boatin' karma.

I am so excited about this C1!

No comments: