Monday, May 7, 2007

new job, new year... new blog?



let the mad blogging begin.

Although my to-do list has grown extremely overwhelming, these days feel like they are brimming with possibility. I have a birthday just around the corner, a new job, and some new priorities on the table. Everyone has been complaining about the constant rain in the forecast, but to me the storms are dramatically signaling the start of the hot season - and giving us paddlers one last bridge-level spike in the Saint Francis.

I told REI I would commit to one year in my new position, which means I have a solid, definite block of time to plot my eventual escape from Saint Louis. One year to figure out where I want to be next. One year to chill, relax a little deeper into my groove, ride my bike along the Mississippi, paddle the Saint Francis, go to free concerts, run sprints down alleys lined by crumbling red brick, drop it to some STL hiphop, and eat Ted Drewes.

Summer, we're ready for ya.

No comments: