Wednesday, May 9, 2007

last night in the shop




Tonight was my last shift as Laura the Bike Mechanic. It was a classic bike shop night - Rage in the CD player and Rob supplying the ice cream. Casey and I wrapped up the night by building an Electra tandem. It was fun to build - we had to pull two repair stands together to support it. It was even more crazy to test ride! Fits of laughter and a few wobbley starts in the parting lot before we got the hang of it. I guess when you put two aggressive, competitive cyclists on a bike it's hard for one person (read: me) to sit back and not be in control.

Even though I will miss the shop, I'm pumped to start my new position. I head to Seattle next week to train. On the to-do list: inspired brainstorming sessions with other SPE's from around the country, eat sushi, and go paddling. And, of course, go see the troll under the bridge.

No comments: