Tuesday, May 15, 2007

good to be home, at least for a night



There's nothing like finally turning into your garage after a long weekend alone on the road. Now I have one night to rest and pack, then it's off to Seattle for a week. After that, I will get one night to rest and pack before I leave for 4 days of paddling in the southeast. Not much time to get anything done around the house, but a girl's gotta have her priorities.

And apparently those priorities are boating & more boating. From the looks of my garage, it's hard to believe I wasn't even paddling a year ago. The little orange Skip is feeling neglected with all this slalom fever! Maybe I'll take it down Nanty falls for old times sake. Perhaps even in the boat and right side up this time. We tried every other combination (my boat alone, me in my boat upside down, etc) last October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is far too many long boats I see accumulating there. You should definitely bring the Skip to the Southeast for some play-time (plus it's a lot easier to transport).

Joel said...

I want a garage like this...one this organized. Just wait Laura, I may have to help you add a boat to this already fast growing quiver. Have fun in Seattle.